Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeling a little discouraged

I have been a little discouraged the past couple weeks. I had a very slow recovery from Sault Saint Marie. It took me forever to get back in a rhythm. A lot of it had to do with my kids returning to school and me returning to school. Learning to rejuggle my time and such, but lately I just am feeling discouraged for different reasons. For the most part I have been able to put the miles in. I have missed a few runs here and there, but doing much better with staying on track with that. I am not sure though if those few missed workouts are the problem or what. I can't seem to keep my heart rate down to save my life and honestly my heart rate is reflective of how I feel so it's not all about the heart rate. I went into training for marathon 3 with a goal of sub 4. That'd be a 20 minute PR which in my head I was thinking if I could get an hour PR last time I surely can do 20 minutes this time. I am finding cracking to the next level to be very difficult. I just keep plugging along. I reminded myself of this post which is funny now rereading it because I didn't realize I was aiming for sub 4 way back then. I remember on that day I was aiming for 4:45 and wasn't sure if I could do 4:30. I thought that would be too hard and even race day wasn't so sure if I could do 4:30. I am trying to keep that thought in my head and not the discouraging "no way am I going to be able to do this" thoughts that have been going through my head lately. I keep feeling the need to lower my goal. (And I may have to, but trying to remember I still have a ways to go until May.) This course is going to be a lot harder than Sault Saint Marie. The hills are seriously kicking my butt and there are a lot of them. I feel like miss go speedy when I run on flats now because the time difference/effort level is so much easier. I just have to remind myself that hard work will pay off and to stay focused. So that's where I am at. Refocusing. I need to surround myself with some positive energy and stick to the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment