Wednesday, August 17, 2011

2 1/2 weeks to taper

Like the little choo choo, I am plugging along. Just blocking everything out and doing the I think I can, I think I cans. Right now I don't even want to think about goal times. I have all kinds of anxiety bubbling up inside me and pushing that aside as well. I can't believe I'm almost there. I'm excited and ready to be done and do this race, but there's still a little part of me that wishes I had more time to make improvements. For the most part though I want to see what I've got and see where I am at. I honestly feel a little disoriented with my pacing lately. I feel stronger and faster, but not got a real good sense of how much stronger and faster I am. I know I have made good improvements from my race in Charlevoix 2 months ago, but not sure how much. I know what was hard is seeming way easier now, but not sure how much to hope for with this race. I am really glad I am running this 5K this weekend. Nervous about that as well, not a bad kind of nervous. More like anxious than nervous really. I am very curious how I will do. I don't like to put numbers in my head because then I might be disappointed. I'm just going to try and run as hard as I can and see what happens. I figure with this 5K it'll give me some kind of idea how much I've improved and hopefully that will give me a confidence boost going into Sault Ste. Marie. We'll see. I'll be sure to update how the 5K goes.

38 days to marathon, 2 1/2 weeks to taper!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow, you're coming to Soo? How come I didn't know that's where your race is? Maybe next year I'll be ready to meet you there! ;-)

    ReplyDelete