Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tempo runs are scary

Hmm... now that I know what a tempo run is (although from what I gather there are various definitions on this, but they are all kind of the same thing - a faster pace). Today was a schedule tempo run and I won't lie I was nervous. I always get nervous when I pick up the pace for more than a short distance. Two hundred meters, 1/4 mile and of those I like doing because they aren't scary. Running tempo runs though I always worry if I'm going to feel as strong at the end as I did when I started. Today's run went remarkably well. I ran everything faster than I thought I could and was real excited about that. I am getting anxious about this upcoming marathon. Not scared that I can't complete it or anything. I'm sure I'll do fine there. I'm just more nervous about how fast I should try to run. I want to do well, but I always get scared when I pick up the pace that I'm going to regret it at some point further on in the race.

On another note, I ordered a new running skirt. Hubby is going to shoot me if I don't lay off the running gear. I got the shipping notice today. This one is from skirtsports. We'll see how they compare to runningskirts skirts.

1 comment:

  1. I love running skirts. :) And good for you for getting back into this--and so well!

    ReplyDelete