Thursday, July 14, 2011

Boston in July (marathon that is)

Stupid thought for today inspired by a question about google searches. Well, not entirely, but partially. I just googled this one "Boston in July", followed by "Boston Marathon in July", followed by "Boston Marathon summer". None of these resulted in anything, but it was my dumb idea for the day. I actually thought of this one while driving home from Charlevoix as well, but forgot about it until now. I didn't have access to a computer at the time and wanted to google if anyone else had actually thought of this idea before so I could see if I was the only lamo to think of it.

Anyhoooo (yes, I say that a lot, oh well, my blog, I can ramble)... I was thinking they should have a Boston in July. You know for the wannabe runners. The ones that aren't fast enough for Boston. The ones that may never be fast enough for Boston. The slow pokes, the turtles, the old farts, the young farts, the late bloomers, you know those of us average runners that really would love to run the course just to say they finished it. It could be done differently. By lotto or something. I am sure the Boston Marathon is a big money maker. Not sure that a "Boston in July" would be as big of a money maker, but surely somebody would be interested in running it. This was kind of inspired by all the Christmas in July sales. Yes, they are kind of stupid and lame, but you know I still shop them. It could be fun. The winner gets a free beer or the top 10 winners get a guaranteed entry into the real deal. I don't know. Of course the truly fast people might find the fake Boston winners a bit too much. There are plenty of stupid people out there that might not realize there is a difference between the two Boston's, but you know stupid people are everywhere and I've given up on controlling that.

Well, that's my stupid thought for the day. Oh, and I promise my next blog post is going to be all about my run for the day. I am actually running! I promise. I just haven't had anything exciting I wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment