Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hi ho Hi ho another run I go

Finally a good run! My heart rate was sucky, but honestly I didn't even look at it on this one. I just needed a good run under me and didn't need any distractions. I like heart rate training. I like the science of it, but some days you just need to run. Today was one of those days. I got a few personal stressors going on and I needed a good workout to blow off some steam.

Today I went right instead of left. I ran a hill instead of flat. I just needed something different. In the 3 years I've been running I have never ran towards downtown. I don't know, just didn't think that was a route I wanted to take. Today I just couldn't fathom running the same roads again and needed something different so I went left. Passed the cemetery on the left that has a very long hill. I knew when I was running it on the second mile that it was all downhill right now and that I might regret taking this path on the return. (This hill is one of the reasons I never run that way.) Anyhow, ran with the intentions of running out 2.5 miles and returning for an out and back of 5 miles, but my watch only hit 1.75 miles before I was right smack downtown. No real sidewalks at that point and too much traffic to keep heading that direction so headed back.

Heat and all - did I mention how HOT it was today. I was running at almost 8pm to keep from croaking in the heat, but even at that it was still hot. Anyhooo, headed back up the hill and dang it was long. I know with the hill training I've been doing it's been on a shorter hill where you could power all the way up it. This one not the case. I'd catch myself speeding up to power up the hill and then having to slow back down when still not done with it. I think I must have powered up and slowed down 4 or 5 times before being done with this hill. It's not super steep the whole way, just long.

After the hill I was kind of toast, but still had a couple more miles to go to finish the 5 I had planned. Managed to finish that out on the same old same old roads I've been running. That part was kind of sucky except for seeing a gal who I think was doing a couch to 5K program because she would run for a little bit and then walk. It kind of helped me keep my mojo up though seeing her out there trying.

I suppose that's it for today. Not a real enlighting bit of information for me to share today.

No comments:

Post a Comment