Saturday, April 21, 2018

Don't post blog posts when you're drinking

Oops. Oh well. I plan to be the girl that takes all of your damn excuses away. I mean hell, 8 kids, work full time, run a marathon. I call that badass. Could be the wine talking. Oh well. I'm pretty damn focused on two goals.

1. Qualify for Boston and by Boston I mean the damn marathon which is uh, 26.2 freaking miles for all the non-runners that might read my bullshit. So in my buzzed state (not drunk I promise). Only had 2 glasses and I can still type besides a friend posted an article which I vaguely read that says something like a research study said you can write better when you're buzzed. Just not sure if you can read better so I might have to go read that. Anywhoooooo, since I turn 45 this year I think this is a fantastic time to chase this goal even if I am running freaking 13 minute stupid miles! Ugh. Boo.

For 2019 women's qualifying time is 45-49  3hrs 55min 00sec

I think I can do it! I really do. I mean I got my freaking work cut out for me, but yes, I think I can. Posting my stupid PRs just so I can feel better about myself because this stupid freaking 3 hour half marathon crap is getting old.
Okay, bucket list number 2 is a stupid triathlon which I haven't rode a bike and look hell I can actually spell it right. Woot. Last time I'm off and typing ROAD like an idiot. Uh, no, I know how to spell. Also, while I'm at it because I got some serious pent up energy. I am not an idiot. I am hyperactive yes, talk a lot, and somewhat of a spaz, but I'm actually a damn good student and always at the top of my class. Anyhow, focus. Bucket list triathlon, Boston is the primary goal though.

So everyone is clear, I am probably going to become an absolute lunatic in the next 8 weeks because I am very, very focused on running my first marathon in I think 5 years which makes me sad, but Andrew and my nursing degree were worth it.

Delete, delete, delete, delete . Everyone does not need to read my bullshit. Anyway this was therapeutic for me. Bam, Boston it is. I think the secret to success to running Boston is to drink wine. There! See you speedy folks in Boston in 2020 because I'm going. (Might have to find a charity to run for, but that's my goal and I'm sticking to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment